Thursday, March 21, 2019

Mid Mod Gods

Mid Mod Gods. Oil on panel, 6" x 6". ©2019.


This one was fun! When I was in the thick of making the Mixology with a Twist book, tiki drinks started to make a comeback in some of the on-trend bars where I got my recipes. There is such a wealth of tiki drinks (and great props) out there, I toyed with the idea of making a third, strictly tiki book. By the time I was done making the book, I was ready to stop making books.

But, there were still tiki things to hoard. This glass is new and has been waiting to model for a painting for almost two years. The little jade tiki god picks are mid-century and were a perfectly thoughtful gift from an old friend. The drink is a Mai Tai.

I loved painting the face on this guy. His little whiskers(?) were especially fun. I'm sure we will be seeing him again in the future.

1 comment:

Cris K said...

Is there a way to sign up for your blog to come to my inbox? I use blogger and have a subscribe option.

Thanks!

Post a Comment