Saturday, March 30, 2019

Flo

Flo. Oil on panel, 6" x 6". ©2019.


So, what does a chicken have to do with cocktails, you might ask?

Surprisingly, there is a connection. This particular chicken, whose name is Flo, loves to sit in a chair with her people on the front porch during cocktail hour. She was doing just that when I took the photo I used for painting reference.

Flo is a retired chicken that I "rescued" when her original person, my friend Teya, wanted to get another batch of chickens after the first group stopped laying. Now Flo enjoys things like arugula and popcorn while hanging out with her new friend Ché, the Portuguese water dog. She is every bit as intelligent, inquisitive and disapproving as she looks.

I had so much fun painting her, I suspect she and her animal friends will begin to take over this blog. I've apparently become kind of a lightweight when it comes to painting cocktails. I need to mix in some other things to avoid getting sick of them!

Here's Flo with me after getting her ear infection treated:





No comments:

Post a Comment